THE GUIDELINES BELOW ARE BASED UPON THE INTERNATIONAL BRAZILIAN JIU JITSU FEDERATION GUIDELINES TO SAFE OPEN ACADEMIES DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC.
GUIDELINES FOR THE REOPENING OF JIU-JITSU ACADEMIES DURING COVID-19 PANDEMIC
SAFETY MEASURES TO BE IMPLEMENTED IN THE ACADEMY:
▪ Gyms should only reopen if their local agencies have deemed it safe to do so. Gyms should not reopen against the orders of their local government and health agencies.
▪We will provide sanitizer stations for student and coaches use in all areas of the gym.
▪ Whenever possible, use electronic payment methods to minimize contact or exchange of currency.
▪ We will register each student’s attendance (date/time) in training to assist with contact tracing in the case of any student testing positive.
▪ We will clean and disinfect the mat before and after each training session.
▪ We shall frequently disinfect common areas including door handle, bathroom surfaces or items that people come into contact with.
▪We are adapting out training schedules to allow enough time between classes to disinfect spaces.
▪ Avoid the use of changing rooms.
▪ Minimize use of bathrooms if possible.
SAFETY MEASURES TO BE IMPLEMENTED IN THE ACADEMY:
▪ We have Marked common area floors to allow a distance between people interacting inside the gym, according to the local government’s suggestions of 6 feet.
▪ We are providing disinfecting stations for shoes of all attendees. For example, soaked rags or towels with disinfectant upon entrance.
▪ Restrict access to training sessions for students only. Prohibit spectators and visitors from waiting inside the gym. ▪ At-risk students (students who have been in contact with someone who is infected or suspected to be infected, or students who live with persons that are uniquely vulnerable such as elderly) should be limited to virtual training only.
▪We will check the temperature of everyone who enters the gym. Using a non-contact thermometer. Normal temperature will be defined as less than 37.6 °C (less than 99.3 °F). Note that fever is normally defined as a temperature greater than 38 °C (100.4 °F).
SAFETY MEASURES TO BE IMPLEMENTED BY EACH STUDENT / TEACHER:
▪ Take temperature at home before class, at rest. Students should not attend training if they have a high temperature or are feeling ill.
▪ We will avoid the entry of students, coaches, and any Third-party with high temperatures.
▪ Disinfected footwear should be worn outside of the mat area at all times.
▪ Upon entering the gym, Students should wear disinfected sandal-type footwear that is only for use inside the gym, or they should disinfect their shoes at a designed station.
▪We recommend that each student bring their personal disinfectant and protection material (hand sanitizer with at least 70% alcohol, towel and personal protective mask) and must not share them.
▪ We recommend the use of mask inside of the gym.
▪ Students should arrive at the gym already dressed for class to avoid the use of changing rooms.
▪ Wear a clean gi to each class and wash their gi immediately after training.
▪ All students and instructors should bring their own bottle of water and must not share with anyone.
SAFETY MEASURES DURING TRAINING:
▪ Our Gym will reduce the number of practitioners per class to reduce the potential risk of contagion. Maximum of 8 students per class.
▪ We must limit the number of classes, each student can attend 3 classes per week, in order to accommodate everyone without raising the risk of contagion.
▪ We will have a pre-class check-in system so students can confirm a spot in the class prior to going to the academy.
▪ Training spaces are marked with tape to clearly indicate the allotted space per student. Each space will provide the recommended distance of 2 meters (6‘6”) between athletes in training.
▪ Students must be entering and exiting the mat area with respect to the social distancing guidelines.
▪ We will limit physical forms of greeting by not allowing handshakes or bodily contact.
GUIDELINES FOR THE REOPENING OF JIU-JITSU ACADEMIES DURING COVID-19
TRAINING NO CONTACT:
Training should only take place in the indicated marked spaces, respecting the recommended distance between each person given by the local governmental and health authorities.
• Classes should consist of small groups with individual, mobility-based training.
Specific solo Jiu-Jitsu exercises without partner training are recommended. (E.g: drills, aerobic exercises and drills with a dummy).
• Students should remain in their designated section during training.
TRAINING WITH CONTACT:
The return of physical contact training will be at the sole authorization of your governmental and health authorities.
• Contact training could be carried out between groups of 2 to 4 students, which would be formed based on the proximity criterion: a group of people who already share the same routine. For example: members of the same family, household or similar situations.
• Guidelines for these groups include: stay in the same fixed group, always train on the same days with the same classmates, and always in the same designated area of the mat.
This suggestion aims to limit a potential spread between different classes of students.
The evolution of training towards something that is close to the pre-pandemic reality will be analyzed in due time, always respecting the regulations and protocol of official entities and competent bodies.
We hope you are all safe and healthy, and we look forward to seeing you on the mat as soon as possible!
WDC BJJ/GFTeam DC
Coach Deivid Dias